Fit Fest 2022 was a success!
Thank you to everyone who came out to Fit Fest 2022 and to our sponsors and partners who made it all possible.
Check out our recap below!
- Fit Fest 5k had 72 runners/walkers participating at either Ritter Park or virtually
- Our 10 mile family friendly bike ride had 14 bike riders plus our friendly Huntington and Marshall University Bike Patrol, our youngest particpant was four years old! If you are interested in checking out the 10 mile route on your own, the route and information shared can be found on this map
- Families and kids checked out the bike rodeo and games with the Huntington YMCA
- In total we raised over $1100 for the PATH, sold seven bike licenses and educated all participants about Dr. Paul Ambrose and the locations of the Paul Ambrose Trail for Health
Thank you to all our Sponsors and Partners:
- Greater Huntington Parks and Recreation
- O Such Tri-State Race Planners
- Huntington YMCA
- WV Region 2 Highway Safety Program
- Benchmark Construction
- WhizzBang Booking and Management
- OVP Health
- Studio 8
- Graphic Solutions
- Marshall University Recreation Center
- Everybody Fitness
- Academy Sports and Outdoors
- All our amazing Volunteers!
Want to learn about Fit Fest?
Check out our informaton from Fit Fest 2022: September 10th 2022
The City of Huntington and O Such Race Planners are partnering to hold a 5K on Saturday, September 10 in Ritter Park as part of Fit Fest 2022. FitFest is an event in honor Dr. Paul Ambrose, a Huntington physician who was killed in the 9/11 attacks and dedicated his work to improving health outcomes, and a fundraiser for the Paul Ambrose Trail for Health (PATH) an 18.6 mile bicycle and pedestrian trail system providing free recreation and alternative transportation opportunities for Huntington and surrounding areas. Proceeds from the race will go towards maintaining and expanding the PATH in order to attain the vision of having a safe, connected trail system around the city.
Come get in a beautiful Fall run or walk and help raise funds and awareness for the Paul Ambrose Trail for Health.
Find out more below:
Race Registration - NOW CLOSED
In person: TriStateRacer.com/FitFest5K
Sponsorship: Fit Fest 5K Sponsorship Form