The Office of Communications’ mission is to provide accountability to the public and transparency of government; establish and maintain an accurate public perception of the city; increase the visibility of the city on a local, state and national level; inform citizens and city employees of programs, services and innovations; and promote the city’s achievements, activities and significant events.
Using the tools of technology, public relations and marketing, our goal is to build a connected community of stakeholders. More specifically, the Office of Communications:
- Serves as a liaison between City departments and the media for the purpose of ensuring timely, accurate dissemination of information.
- Trains key staff in community relations and how to interact with the media.
- Oversees all social media applications of the City.
- Coordinates communications between and within City departments. This includes the development, coordination and oversight of programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist departments in the communications and positioning of their projects or initiatives.
- Coordinates a variety of activities (e.g. recognition programs, special events, community relations, etc.)
MEDIA REQUESTS FOR INTERVIEWS/INFORMATION
All media requests for interviews or information at City Hall should be directed to the Office of Communications. The Office will work diligently to ensure that all media requests to meet with public officials or obtain public documents are addressed promptly.
Huntington City Hall
800 5th Ave.
Huntington, WV 25701