City Service Fee

The City of Huntington imposes a five-dollar ($5.00) per week City Service Fee (CSF) upon all individuals working within the city limits of Huntington. This fee is $5.00 per week per employee working in Huntington. All individuals included are those who report to work at a physical location or work from home within the City of Huntington. The City Service Fee is due for each week an employee worked regardless of the number of hours worked.  Self-employed persons are required to pay this fee unless paid through other employment.   All contractors working within the city limits will be required to submit the City Service Fee for all employees present on any site within the city for each week they work. The CSF will remain in effect until rescinded by further ordinance of the Council. This increase became effective on October 1, 2015.  See Article 772,  for more information on the City of Huntington's CSF. 

If you have questions please contact the Finance Division at 304.696.5540 (press option 4).


As an employer, you are required to withhold the City Service Fee each pay period. The CSF applies to for-profit businesses and not-for-profit organizations. You may remit to the City of Huntington on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis under the City Service Fee Policy.  Employers must remit the amounts withheld from employees and amounts received from self-employed persons. The Finance Department will mail a City Service Fee Return quarterly after issuing the business license.

Filing periods end on March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31 unless other arrangements and permission have been granted by the Finance Division.

At the end of each calendar year, each employer will be mailed an Employer Worksheet to reconcile City Service Fee accounts.

Payroll Providers

Third-party Providers need to obtain a Huntington Business License for the payroll company as well as obtain a Huntington Business License for their client.  To initiate the setup of a City Service Fee account, a Huntington Business License must be obtained for each client.  

Multiple Employers

If you work for more than one employer per week, you may request that only one employer withhold the City Service Fee. You will need to fill out the Employer Exemption Form.   Employer Exemptions Forms must be signed and include all required documentation. 


If you have overpaid the City Service Fee (you have had more than 52 weeks’ worth of withholding in any year) please contact the employer that withheld the additional City Service Fee.  The City of Huntington does not issue City Service Fee refunds to employees.  

City of Huntington, Boundary Map

The City of Huntington Boundary Map allows you to enter an address on the top left-hand search bar and see if the address is within city limits. If the address comes up green, then it is within city limits.